We hope you had a great first week of school! Our dedicated team of educational facilitators have been working hard to custom-design an exciting year of educational opportunities for your family! Whether it be planning back-to-school get-togethers, field trips and/or service projects, researching curriculum or classes, placing orders, and/or sending you a variety of online subscription opportunities, our team of educators is here to serve you! We consider it a privilege to collaborate alongside your family and are looking forward to a fantastic year of learning together!
One item of note is our new website and a new format for Monday Messages. In addition to the Monday Message content, please be sure to glance at our quick links on the right hand side of our news. In addition to the school calendar and general contact info, this section highlights recently added vendors in the “new vendor” link and also has a link on how you can get an identification card created for your learners!
Our field trip team is excited to release its first round of fall field trips and service opportunities on Tuesday, Aug. 29, at 10 a.m.! At that time, a reminder will be sent to you via email and on our Exploration Facebook page, but you will need to log into the Hub section of our website to sign up for these exciting adventures! If you do not have a family login for the website, please contact your educational facilitator today so that they can assist you with your login information.
Please scroll to the bottom of the Monday Message to see a current list of the field trips that will be available for sign-up on our webpage on Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m.
The Kite Rider
By – Geraldine McCaughrean
From Carnegie Medalist Geraldine McCaughrean comes a dazzling story of adventure, betrayal, family, and sacrifice set in the dramatic world of thirteenth-century China.The Great Miao, master of the Jade Circus, offers Haoyou the amazing chance to escape his family’s poverty — by becoming a kite rider. Strapped onto a beautiful scarlet-and-gold kite, Haoyou is sent into the sky, earning money, freedom, and unexpected fame. Miao even plans for Haoyou to perform before Kublai Khan himself.
State testing scores were mailed out this week to families with children who participated in the CAASPP state testing. Now posted on the California Department of Education (CDE) website is a video entitled “Understanding Your 2016–17 Student Score Report.” Approximately five-minutes in length, this video is an excellent resource for families to gain a better understanding of the 2016–2017 Student Score Report, which details your child’s standardized testing results.
We are excited to announce many new enhancements to our expanding Exploration program:
- Increased instructional funding for the 2017-2018 school year ($2,800 TK-8 and $3,000 high school)!
- An amazing new website that will be regularly updated with exciting field trip opportunities, service projects, coffee chats, webinars and more! Be sure to log into the hub for additional information on curriculum, ordering and high school.
- An experienced, highly qualified Exploration high school counselor and a college director servicing iLEAD Schools.
- Expanded, flexible high school options for learners to fulfill their graduation requirements, preparing them for college and beyond.
- The option to have many material orders delivered to your home (contact your educational facilitator for more information).
- A new and improved Monday Message with relevant information for our families delivered in a blog format.
- A new learning studio conveniently located in Costa Mesa (plans are incrementally being developed for this site, so stay tuned for more info about workshops and/or class offerings).
- A growing, engaging, highly qualified staff whose members are eager to serve and assist learners and their families as they pursue their passions and dreams.
iLEAD Exploration offers an unrivaled array of opportunities for real-world learning: With over 80 field trips and service projects planned throughout the year, there is certainly something for everyone to enjoy! A wide variety of field trips and service projects have been planned for each region we service. We couldn’t accomplish this planning without the excellent feedback and input we receive from our families!
Click here to see a preview of this year’s field trips and service projects! These trips are scheduled to be released for signups at 10 a.m. Aug. 29.
Congratulations to our 2017 Exploration graduates! On Friday, a graduation ceremony was held in Garden Grove honoring our graduates.
We are so very proud of you and all your accomplishments. We look forward to hearing about the great ways you will impact others for years to come!