CTE Labs at Community Colleges
Career Technical Education is an exciting and ever-evolving frontier in California. Our community colleges started receiving grant funding to build out incredible labs for their CTE pathways, and they have created some wonderful hands-on opportunities, of which many of our learners can take advantage. Below are just some of the many offerings available. Reach out to your EF or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Aeronautical and Aviation Technology at Antelope Valley College has labs taught by industry professionals where learners can work on actual engines from aircraft. This program also boasts a 95% employment placement rate.
- Athletic Training at Cerritos College gives learners the opportunity to practice movement as well as injury prevention and management with industry experts. Many of these courses also transfer to degrees in kinesiology.
- Welding CTE at Orange Coast College has over nine available certifications. These hands-on courses enable learners to prepare for careers in the fields of welding inspectors, welding engineers, welding supervisors, and advanced welders.
- Technical Theater at Pierce College offers a certificate that enables learners to work as lighting and stagecraft designers and builders. This program is hands-on, working with the performing arts pathways to design and build shows at the school’s theater.
- Visual Display and Presentation at Saddleback College offers a certificate in which learners have the opportunity to design, prep, and shoot merchandise for advertisements as well as hands-on experience with creating window displays.
Please note that completing pathways does not guarantee certification. Most certifications require successful pathway completion and successfully passing the professional exam for that field.