Obtaining a Work Permit


Is your learner planning on working this summer? Depending on the age of your student, a work permit may be required by the employer. A work permit is a legal document that allows a student to hold a job. Work permits are issued based on good academic standing and attendance. Learners are not allowed a work permit if they are on academic probation. If the employer asks for one, here are the steps to obtain an official work permit:

1) Download the B1-1 Form from the CDE website. Have the employer complete and sign the workplace information section.
2) Return the signed copy to your educational facilitator who will forward the form to the iLEAD registrar. The documented information will be verified.
3) Please include the home address where the final form should be mailed. The permit will be mailed within 2-3 business days.
4) Sign the permit and provide it to the employer.

Please note that the directors maintain the right to withdraw a work permit based on academic standing or violation of school policy. If you have any questions, email highschool@ileadexploration.org.


Isobel pic 1

High School Learner Spotlight: Isobel Cook

My name is Isobel Cook, and I’m 16 years old and a senior in high school with iLEAD Exploration. I’ve been homeschooled all of my life along with my two younger brothers. I’ve always had a passion for horses and… Read More


Navigating High School Electives

Electives truly are one of the most exciting and fun aspects of high school for learners. When it comes to finding an elective course that is right for your learner, the sky’s the limit! In order to fulfill graduation requirements,… Read More

College Corner

College Corner – April

As always, we want you to be informed of important upcoming events. Make sure you put these on your calendar! Upcoming College Fairs These are great opportunities for you to learn about your options! Colleges That Change Lives College Fair… Read More

Translate »