SLO of the Month
Each month, we will focus on one Schoolwide Learner Outcome, or SLOgan of the month, which will help everyone in iLEAD work on an area for growth and success together! For LP 3, our SLOgan is Gratitude.
Gratitude is an incredibly powerful and accessible tool for fostering contentment, happiness, and, surprisingly, productivity and achievement! Now is the perfect time of year to begin a consistent practice of gratitude in your household, especially in support of your iLEAD learners.
Here are some resources and ideas to explore Gratitude:
- Talk about the “I can…” statement for gratitude with your learners: “I can recognize and show appreciation for opportunities and things done for myself and others.”
- Watch this Ted Ed Talk on “The Amazing Effects of Gratitude”.
- Participate in “The Gratitude Experiment”. Start a daily gratitude journal, or write letters of gratitude to people in your life you are thankful for!
- You can use this free printable gratitude journal for kids to help you get started.
- Make a gratitude poster or wall. You can use a large sheet of paper, poster board, or just sticky notes to share with your household things that you, your learners, or other members of your family are grateful for throughout the month.
- Cut out and decorate your SLO badge for the LP.
Learners in fourth grade are eligible for a free annual pass to visit more than 2,000 federal recreation areas with their families and friends. The Every Kid Outdoors program offers…
Do you have a gifted learner who needs more? We invite you to join us on October 6 at 1:00 PM for our roundtable on curriculum and activities for gifted…
Join local EFs and families for a fun day at the park while building community. September 27: Park Day: Marie Kerr Park in Palmdale September 29: Park Day: O’Melveney Park…