TED Talk: Grit
This month’s SLO is grit, a character trait that demonstrates strength of will. People with grit show a passion and perseverance for long-term goals, as many things require tenacity.
To gauge how gritty you are at this point in your life, consider whether you identify with the following statements:
- I enjoy projects that take years to complete.
- I am working toward a very long-term goal.
- What I do each day is connected to my deepest personal values.
- There is at least one subject or activity that I never get bored of thinking about.
- Setbacks don’t discourage me for long.
- I am a hard worker.
- I finish whatever I begin.
- I never stop working to improve.
The Trails Cafe in Los Angeles Friday, February 28 from 10:30 am-1:30 pm This event is for high school learners only. 10:30 am – 11:30 am Hike on one of the nearby trails 11:30 am – 1:30 pm Hang out…
If you’re looking for a productive way to spend your summer and are interested in greater college preparedness, consider attending a pre-college summer program. These programs can be a great opportunity to experience life on a college campus, earn advanced college…
Taking college entrance examinations can be stressful. The best way to overcome text anxiety is to be well-prepared. A wide variety of books, online programs, and tablet apps are available to equip learners by teaching test-taking strategies and providing practice…