ted talk on purpose
November is here, and what better way to celebrate than with our SLO of the month, gratitude!
Here are some great questions for family discussion after you watch the video:
- How do you recognize what other people do for you?
- How do you show appreciation for opportunities and express appreciation?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
We are excited to present our next TED talk for the month of October on growth mindset!
As you watch the video, some great questions for family discussion include:
- Has there ever been a time when having a fixed mindset gets in your way or stopped you from reaching your full potential?
- What is, “the power of YET,” and what does it mean to you? Is there anything in your life right now that you can add a “YET” to?
- Is there a goal that you really want to accomplish? Share your goal with your family and ask them to support you in keeping a growth mindset about it!
October is here, and it is time to introduce the new monthly Schoolwide Learner Outcome (SLO). This month we are focusing on: GROWTH MINDSET. As educators, we encourage our learners to have a positive mindset when tackling new tasks or challenges. Simply put, if they believe it, they can achieve it. Encouraging a growth mindset helps our learners recognize that there is value in the journey regardless of the outcome. In addition to fostering a love of learning, having a growth mindset can sometimes mean the difference between persevering and giving up.Growth mindset poster
Throughout this year, we will be presenting TED talks each month that focus on iLEAD’s Schoolwide Learner Outcome (SLOs). Please join us on social media for our first TED talk of the year, this Tuesday, September 10 at 12pm and 7pm. We will be focusing on the Schoolwide Learner Outcome: PURPOSE.
As you watch the video, some great questions for family discussion could be centered around:
- What goals do you work towards and focus on?
- What has challenged you this week?
- How can you meet that challenge?
- What would you want to create that would make the world more awesome?