Habit #6: Synergize
This is the habit of creative cooperation. Basically, synergy is achieved when two or more people work together to create a better solution than either could alone. It’s not your way or my way, but a better way, a higher way. The more we can get better at living the other habits, the more we will experience synergy as a reward.
To better understand synergy, it’s beneficial to see what synergy is not.
- It is not tolerating differences, but celebrating differences.
- It is not working independently, but choosing teamwork.
- It is not thinking you’re always right, but being open-minded.
- It is not compromise, but finding new and better ways.
Getting to synergy, whether you’re starting from an argument with a loved one, picking teams for a game, or not seeing eye to eye with a friend, can sometimes be easier to accomplish with this action plan as a guideline:
- Definite the problem or opportunity.
- Their way: Seek first to understand the ideas of others.
- My way: Seek to be understood by sharing your ideas.
- Brainstorm: Create new options and ideas.
- High way: Find the best solution for everyone.
This week, look around and notice how much synergy is going on all around you–on a team, in nature, between friends, in the business world. Think about the kinds of creative problem-solving that these groups use and try to bring more of that creativity into your own problems and opportunities.
Prospective Family Informational Webinar
iLEAD Hybrid Exploration is an independent study program serving Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, Kern, and Ventura. We are currently enrolling learners in grades TK-12. Join our webinar to…
Enrichment Opportunities @ the Acton Library
TK/K Learners: Join our TK/K coordinator and TK/K learners on March 23 at 1 PM at the Acton Curriculum Library, and have a fun time building leprechaun traps! RSVP HERE…
LA County High School Hangout
Calling all high school learners! Join us at Eisenhower Memorial Park in Arcadia on Friday, March 24, from 11 AM to 1 PM for a high school hangout opportunity. We…