Standard Work Permits
A work permit is a legal document required by the state of California that allows a person under 18 years of age to hold a job. The issuance of a work permit is conditional upon satisfactory school attendance and academic performance (to be approved by EF). Below are the steps for currently enrolled iLEAD learners need to obtain an official work permit:
- Print form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/we/documents/formb1-1.doc.
- Complete Minor’s Information and School Information:
iLEAD Hybrid3720 Sierra Hwy Suite A
Acton, CA 93510
Phone (657) 231-8220
- The parent/guardian must sign their section.
- Take form to the employer – the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
- Scan and email completed form with all signatures to your EF.
**If you do not have a scanner, you can take a photo of the completed application and email the photo.
- Completed Permit to Employ and Work (form B1-4) will be emailed back to you within 2-3 business days.
- Once the student receives the permit, the student must date and sign the “minor’s signature” section, and take the completed permit back to his/her employer.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR WORK PERMITS:
- Work permit applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- A social security number is required to process a work permit.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and taken to his/her employer.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for a work permit. The end of the year GPA will determine eligibility for the summer.
- Work permits must be renewed annually.