There are many ways to make a living. Choosing a career that you are excited about and that allows you to earn an adequate wage is possible with certificated careers. Certificated careers are careers that do not require a four year degree but specialized training in the field.
Here are some examples of certificated careers:
- Computer Technology: Web developer; computer security analyst; computer support specialist; systems engineer
- Building and Trade: Construction and building inspector; architectural and civil drafter; industrial engineering technician; pipe-fitter and plumber; heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installer
- Medical: Surgical technologist; dental assistant; diagnostic medical sonographer; emergency medical technician; medical coder; pharmacy technician; radiologic technologist; PT or OT assistant
- Travel and Mechanics: Air traffic controller; flight attendant; airline mechanic; heavy vehicle and mobile equipment mechanic; automotive mechanic
- Other: Court reporter; veterinary assistant; bookkeeping; personal trainer; cosmetologist; hairdresser
So, how can you identify the certificated career that is right for you?
- After reviewing the list above, check out Road Trip Nation on Naviance to learn what it’s like to work in these fields.
- Ask your community for opportunities to get to know people in the field you’re interested in.
- Find an accredited certification program.
- Read through job postings for your field, paying special attention to qualifications. This will help you choose the best certification and background for your dream job.
- Check out the Bureau of Labor and Statistics for information on average income rate and job growth.
These options just scratch the surface of what’s out there! If a certificated career is appealing to you, use the tools available through iLEAD and other free resources to identify your dream career and get started.
The Trails Cafe in Los Angeles Friday, February 28 from 10:30 am-1:30 pm This event is for high school learners only. 10:30 am – 11:30 am Hike on one of the nearby trails 11:30 am – 1:30 pm Hang out…
If you’re looking for a productive way to spend your summer and are interested in greater college preparedness, consider attending a pre-college summer program. These programs can be a great opportunity to experience life on a college campus, earn advanced college…
Taking college entrance examinations can be stressful. The best way to overcome text anxiety is to be well-prepared. A wide variety of books, online programs, and tablet apps are available to equip learners by teaching test-taking strategies and providing practice…